Light Touches Sell - Tips from the League City Texas Realtors - The Brian Worrell Team
-Tips for Selling My Home
Light touches help sell a home! Once the exterior and interior are "good to go" on the market, we can set the stage for a warm, home-like atmosphere.
* Light, bright, open, airy rooms look bigger.
* Throw back the draperies and blinds and let the sun shine in before prospects arrive.
* Be sure your windows sparkle and if you have a pool make sure it sparkles. Patio furniture also needs to be clean and inviting.
* At night, be sure they are greeted by glowing porch lights and well lit rooms.
* Buy Filter Mates Air Freshener at Wal Mart or Home Depot. These air fresheners are affixed to your return air filter and exude a fresh, clean scent throughout the entire home. They generally last 2 weeks.
* Keep cats and dogs and their litter out of visitors' way.
* Small distractions to the buyers' eyes will disturb their thinking, preventing them from picturing the home as theirs.
* Potential buyers often feel uncomfortable in bedrooms and bathrooms because they are by definition, personal and private spaces. To counter this reaction, make bedrooms and bathrooms look like a model home [toss the lived-in feel out of the bathroom window].
Here is how to de-personalize bedrooms and bathrooms:
* Clear off all surfaces of the bathroom-remove even simple things like toothpaste and soap. Put out nice fresh towels instead.
* In the bedroom, store or put up personal items. Think of when you enter a hotel room, and how comfortable it looks [usually because of fresh spreads, draperies, and items of comfort]. There are no personal items on display so you can take possession of the room.